Friday, October 18, 2013

baby henry overload.

Oh you know... just a few more pictures of Henry.  We just can't get enough.  This one is the truest to what he looks like in real life.  You know how sometimes you take a picture and it looks nothing like them... yeah... well this one does look just like him.  I love his little profile.
He has periods where he is wide awake and makes the funniest faces when he's looking at us.  The kids love this time of day.
This was at his doctors appt a few days after he was born.  He hates getting undressed.  The doctor fell in love with him.  He cuddled with him for a few minutes after he did the check-up before he moved on to other patients.  He actually asked me if he could keep him for the rest of the day.  It was rather adorable.

Our friends have spoiled us with yummy soup and other delicious food.  My favorite was the luau our dear friends, the Woody's brought for us.  It had a menu and music to boot!  So yummy... I can smell the Kalua Pork now.
Jayne loves her snuggle time after the big kids go to school.
I have this amazing friend that takes the most adorable newborn pictures ever.  She took some of Henry for me.
He was a pill and was not happy to be messed with.  She was so patient and did such a good job despite what a horrible client he was.
I cannot wait to get the finished pictures!  The teasers were so adorable.
This is my favorite.  Sometimes I wish time would freeze so I could just sit and do this all day.
He was done having his pictures taken that day....
My mom came to help us for a week and this is the only shot I got of her!  How sad is that.... I am a horrible daughter.  She is the "fun gramma".  The kids adore her.  I was so amazed that she got Peter to eat his lunch.  She played "baby bird" with him and fed him like he was a bird.  It was really cute.  I miss her already!  My friend Tye has been amazing as well.  She came and colored with Jayne for an hour or so one afternoon.  Not to mention the bucket of sunshine she brought me... or the hand crafted gifts she's made our Henry.  I have the best support group ever.
I bought season tickets to playhouse square with Natalie and Tye this year.  The first show was just a week after giving birth.  I wasn't too thrilled about going... but was feeling okay the day of.  I have had the baby blues a lot more with this baby than I did with my others.  I decided it would be best to get out of the house with my girls for a night.  I knew this was a gothic version of Sleeping Beauty... so I knew it would be interesting.  It was so strange!  Vampires and a story that was super hard to follow.  Luckily the guy sitting next to us made it more fun.  He was so into it!  He clapped louder than anyone and actually did a fist pump with a guttural "YES!" at the end of the show.  I haven't laughed that hard in ages!  It was just what I needed.
This kid eats... and eats... and eats.  I will nurse him for a full 45 minutes and he still wants more.  We have started giving him bottles to supplement.  He would eat all day if I let him.
He is a great little sleeper.  He's gotten in to a routine of eating around 8 pm, sleeping until 10 or 11, eating again, sleeping until 3 or 4 am, eating again, and sleeping until around 6:45 when we get up for scriptures.  I can do that.  I have been a little sleep deprived though and try to nap when I can.  It's nearly impossible because I have other kids to take care of.  One of the kids snapped a picture of me while I was taking a little power nap.  I love it.  Jeremy is off every Wednesday and has dubbed Tuesday nights Daddy and Baby Henry night.  He sleeps on the couch with Henry and feeds him bottles so I can get a full nights sleep.  I love the idea.
Such a tiny little guy in such a giant carseat.  His clothes still don't fit him very well.  I'm actually excited about this because he'll get to wear his little clothes for more than a month.
I love my morning snuggles!

No comments: