Sunday, March 4, 2012

quilting.

Our sweet friend Brooklynn and her grandma moved this past week.  We've so enjoyed having Brooklynn come over and play after school for the past year and half.  What started out as us helping them has turned into them helping us.  She brings the sweetest spirit into our home.  We're really going to miss her.  Luckily she just moved into the next ward over and we'll be able to see her at church events.  And hopefully she'll still come over for playdates with Gracie. 

We decided that we should make her a quilt, so that when she's thinking of us, she can wrap herself up in our love. 

I didn't have time to send it off to my mom to be quilted... so I quilted the top all by myself!  I think it turned out pretty adorable.
Jayne helped me pick out all of the fun fabric.  We really love the back because it has three angels.  One has red hair (Jayne), one has brown hair (Gracie) and one has brown skin (Brooklynn).  We thought it was very fitting.  They are all such good friends.
All tied up and ready to to given to Brooklynn!
Luckily there has been a hold up with getting her school records transferred and we get to have her for at least one more week!  We're so lucky!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You did an awesome job quilting it! I love it!