Okay, so part of the reason why I was so sad that Jeremy didn't take very many pictures was because the kids and I were having so much fun at home and I didn't have a camera to document any of it! The highlight of my weekend was taking them to see this movie....
Jeremy took me to see it the first weekend it came out and I've been dying to take my kids to see it ever since. I've literally been checking the dollar theater every single day (even though I know they only change movies on Fridays...) I've had the soundtrack since it came out and so the kids are very familiar with the music. They loved the movie! As I sat there in the theater watching them enjoying my favorite characters in the whole world I actually cried... I was so happy. I'm a big dork... I know.
Ever since I can remember I've had a love affair with Kermit the Frog. I love his voice, the way he waves his hands around when he gets excited... I love everything about him. I always wanted my kids to love the Muppets more than Disney. So far in life I have done a horrible job of making that happen. It's not that I haven't tried... I've tried so hard. I don't think they'll ever love them like I do... but at least now they are happy when they hear their music and actually want to watch the movies with me.
I've asked for all things Muppets for my birthday next month. And I've decided that our next baby is going to have a Muppet themed nursery. I am hoping to get this book for my birthday so I can make a super awesome quilt for myself... I mean.... my future child. (no announcement yet... I just know it will take me years to make a quilt like this!)
I want the picture with the enlarged faces in this picture in my home someday. I adore it! (can you tell I'm a little obsessed...)
I was so happy when the day after we went to the movie my kids asked if we could watch another Muppet movie together because they enjoyed it so much. I think I've tried to watch this show with them at least a dozen times and they always get bored and leave to play. This time every single one of them stayed until the end! I was so happy! (it's one of my favorites...)
So there you have it. If you didn't know before... now you do. I am obsessed with the Muppets. I love them with all of my heart.






1 comment:
When you are down next we must make it to the puppet museum so you can see Kermit in person.:-)
Post a Comment