Sunday, April 8, 2012

happy easter.

Happy Easter!  We were lucky enough to have some family in town this weekend!  More on that later...

I get to teach the lesson in Young Women's today!  I decided to throw out the manual and teach a lesson on Easter instead of yet another one on honoring your parents (we seem to be covering that a lot lately).  

After watching this video on the church's website, I decided to use it as the basis for my lesson.  I printed out the title of the video and glued it onto the top of an empty egg carton. 
  
Inside are plastic egg cartons numbered 1-18.  Each is filled with a little paper that has a word or phrase and a scripture reference.  We're going to read each one and talk about what Christ went through during His final days, and how He reacted to each experience.  We'll talk about how we react to similar experiences in our own lives.  Hopefully it will bring the spirit and will be a great lesson.
I also made these cute little Easter gifts for the girls.... cute, huh? 
I've decided that everything is cuter with a little twine wrapped around it!
 Happy Easter everyone! 


1 comment:

Michal Thompson said...

cute party for grace! I love your easter stuff too. My mom made us a 12 days of easter set that I love, sounds similar to what you did.