Saturday, June 23, 2012

books-a-go-go!

Our elementary school is doing a program this summer called "books-a-go-go".  Each Tuesday night we get to come to the school and have a yummy dinner, make a craft, and hear a story read by several of the teachers.  We decided to give it a try last week and we had the best time!  The kids got to decorate a canvas bag to carry their books in each week.  (the library is open so they can check books out when we come.)
 This time the librarian read the stories.  It was fun to meet her because I get mistaken for her nearly every time I visit the school!  I can sort of see the resemblance...
We'll definitely be heading back every Tuesday that we can!  The kids loved being in the school during the summertime and seeing their old teachers.  Such a fun program!

1 comment:

Valerie Russell said...

That sounds so fun! I already love programs that focus on reading. Jack and I are doing the summer reading program and we love it! Well I do at least, jack tolerates it :) Hopefully he will actually like it when he's older.