Graham requested a Bug Party for his birthday this year. It was perfect for my little man. He LOVES to be outside. That is the number one thing I am looking forward to about moving next Spring. Finding a home that he can play outside to his hearts content! His party turned out great. The only downside was that Jeremy was still sick in bed. Luckily my two best friends were there to help me out. They saved me.
We decorated the house just a little bit. We invited a few extra friends to the party...
Graham wasn't sure how he felt about being invaded by bugs...All the bugs were headed for the cake!
Graham wanted a cake that looked like a bug mountain. I made chocolate and yellow cake, covered it in chocolate frosting, then crushed grasshopper cookies. It smelled divine! We found green licorice it and cut it at a slant to look like grass. We added a few fake bugs and voila--- a bug mountain. It looked like real dirt.
Graham is my hands on kid. He loves to do projects. Everything he wanted for his party involved projects instead of games. First they made little bug catcher necklaces. We spent lots of quarters on the machines getting the little plastic containers for them. They were a big hit.
Next they made their own cootie bug to take home.
We made bug jars with magnifying glasses...
And lightening bugs!
They got to dig for bugs to put in their bug jar...
I used puffed cereal instead of rice. It looked like maggots. So gross.
We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and then everyone got to eat a chocolate covered cricket! Almost everyone was brave enough to try one!
Some of them liked it more than others.....
Time for cake! Lincoln sang very enthusiastically...
Make a wish!
He was spoiled by his friends and had the best time! I declare it a success.
All of my ideas were taken from {this pinterest board}.
2 comments:
i heard lots of fun stuff about this party in class yesterday! so, SO darling!! Or should I say so, SO (darling-ly)gross!? :)
What a great party! I love the cake! As you were describing it my mouth was watering. :) I love that Graham is so hands-on! What a great kid! All those little projects are fabulous. I'll bet all the kids were raving about what a great party it was!
Post a Comment