We got invited to a fun caroling party this year. It was an adults only party which was even more fun!
Each couple that was invited had to perform a song, lead their favorite carol, or lead a game. I was so nervous. I hate performing in front of people. We don't have a picture of us... but here are some of our dear friends.Jeremy was in heaven. I loved it too. Once we had all been singing songs for awhile I got a little less anxious and was able to sing with Jeremy. We sang God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by BNL. It was actually quite fun. (Not fun enough to ever repeat unless I'm in the right mood though.)
I had fun getting to know people better and learning how talented they are.
Our Bishop plays a mean trumpet! I was so impressed. They played The Christmas Song and it was amazing.
There was even a ukulele.
It really was so much fun. I can't wait for next year.
When we got home the girls were sleeping on the landing of the stairs... nice. I'm amazed Gracie didn't fall down the stairs! Imagine how tragic that would have been.
The following day we had a few of our 'singing friends' over for what's become our traditional caroling party. Who knew that having two almost identical parties in a row could actually work out quite nicely?! There were kids at this party. And they were adorable.
Jeremy felt like he was at home singing with his family on Christmas. It was awesome... but it made us both very homesick.
Peter spent at least a half an hour going around in circles stepping on the guitar case. It was quite amazing.
So much fun. We have such talented friends.
2 comments:
I can remember going with you and Jeremy, Jon Roundy and all those others to the care center to sing and I loved it! You both have amazing voices and I have no doubt they blended very well together! What fun caroling parties!
I've never heard of a caroling party, it sounds so fun! I mean, I guess that's what we do with our family but I never thought of it like that. I absolutely love singing Christmas songs with our family, it's one of my favorite traditions. Especially since we only sing the good ones :) We missed you guys so much! I'm glad that you at least have good friends out there if you can't be here for Christmas.
Post a Comment