Our poor Christmas tree this year. It was a little sad to begin with... not the right shape, a little tipsy, pretty short... but the kids picked it and they were in love with it. By Christmas morning the poor dear was looking super shabby. Peter had figured out how to throw the ornaments and I had given up on having a beautiful tree this year. All of the ornaments ended up all bunched up on the top of the tree. One morning Gracie came down and said, "Mommy... what happened to our tree? It looks so sad now." Poor little tree.
Before it snowed it rained... a lot. I hate rain more than snow. Okay, maybe not... but they are both up there on my list of things that I would be okay without for the rest of my life if the world could manage without them. But... I do love snow on Christmas. I was so happy when the rain stopped and we got our white Christmas.Widget had a few awesome spots her last few days at our house. The kids laughed pretty hard when she was in our pretend birdcage.
My favorite gift this year was this adorable little candle holder Jayne made for me. I am praying that it lasts a lifetime. I love those little fingers so so much.
My mom is the greatest. She not only quilted a last minute quilt for me in record time (and had to deal with the post office the week before Christmas... she is a saint.)... but when she sent the quilt back to me she added a huge bag of chocolate covered cinnamon bears! I was one happy girl... still am as I've kept them a secret from everyone else and still have a stash. :)
Widget was playing peek-a-boo with the kids....
I got to wear this awesome white elephant gift one time before it was ruthlessly taken from me by my besties husband. This picture gives me nightmares... I look pretty scary.
Graham was extra clingy one day and wanted to hang out with me about 75% of the day. He asked if we could make silly faces and take pictures... I obliged.
Jeremy spoiled me with giftcards on Christmas morning. We had a deal that we were only going to give each other one gift this year. He waited until Christmas Eve before pulling out his other gifts because he knew that I loathe shopping on Christmas Eve and wouldn't go out to get him anything else. He later said, "You know that you'll never win Christmas... right?" He loves to spoil me. I was able to find a new fun coat at an after Christmas sale. Choosing between black, white and orange was such an easy thing. I love wearing my new coat!
We were able to go out on a date the day after Christmas with several of our favorite couples in our ward. There was a major blizzard going on... but we still went out. We ate Mexican food and then went to see Les Miserables. I had a horrible sinus infection... but still enjoyed the night. I loved the movie and can't wait to see it again when my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode.
Jayne got a 'blootyful twirly skirt' from Santa this year. She literally wore it for three days straight before I insisted on washing it for her. She twirled and twirled and twirled until she was so dizzy.
I decided to make Peter a Toodles cake for his birthday this year. He loves Mickey Mouse... but he is obsessed with Toodles. One of his first phrases was, "Oh Toodles!" Every time he walked into the kitchen after the cake was finished he would say, "Oh Toodles!" and get so excited. Now everytime he sees these pictures he does the same... with the same amount of excitement. I love that little boy so much.
1 comment:
That cake is amazing and your new coat looks super cute on you. So I'm up at 3:30 am and I just saw your Instagram post and I'm excited and want to tell Jacob but he's asleep! Love you guys :)
Post a Comment