Saturday, December 15, 2012

petey-boo.

This kid.  I love him to bits.  He's getting to such a fun stage.  He has fallen in love with Daniel Tiger.  It's a new show on PBS kids.  It's so fitting for him as his favorite toy on the planet is his little Tiger Cabbage Patch Cutie.  He is often found in this spot after we take the kids to school and I am tidy-ing up the house.
 He loves to "go-go-go"!  If he hears the sound of keys, or the side door opening he stops whatever he is doing, runs and gets his "shoes-shoes-shoes" and says, "A go-go-go!?"  Major meltdowns occur when he doesn't actually get to go-go-go.  It's quite dramatic.  This picture was taken outside of the kids school.  Jeremy had just ran in to take Gracie her homework that she had forgotten.  He was so mad until he saw Daddy come back out.
 Peter has always been our pickiest eater.  He smells, licks and throws most food.  It's rather ridiculous.  He is finally eating more foods and is really making up for not eating very much the first part of his life.  He loves cereal.  One day Jeremy was home with us and he just laughed because Peter ate breakfast with everyone, then he ate second breakfast after they were at school, and then he walked around with the box of cereal and just kept on snacking.  He's a growing boy....
 Dinnertime is my favorite time of day because this kid gets so happy!  He makes silly faces, does funny dances, and is just a joy to watch.  On this night he was playing peek-a-boo with us.  I love his hands when he takes them off his eyes...
 He loves his daddy.  When Jeremy comes home, Peter races to the door to give him a hug and tell him all about his day (tons of jibber jabber that we can't understand... but he clearly has tons to say to us.)  He doesn't snuggle with me like this... it's just not fair.
We are so in love with this little boy.  I am having a hard time believing that he will be TWO in a few weeks. Don't my kids know that they aren't allowed to grow up!?

1 comment:

MOMster said...

That last line of your post is what I tell my kids pretty much every day. They just laugh and tell me they're supposed to grow up. I just sigh and smile.

Peter is at such a fun stage! I love his hands straight out for a few seconds after peek-a-boo! So cute!