My bestie knows me well. She surprised me with this amazing Kermit t-shirt. I wish I could wear it all year round. I love it so much.
Widget decided to make herself a skirt one day while the kids were away at school. She is so stylish now.Graham asked me if we could take silly pictures on my phone together. I obliged.
We had our 2nd annual youth Christmas party. We ate loads of pizza and watched The Muppet Christmas Carol!
We decided that regardless if we're in a youth calling, we are going to do this every single year for as long as we can. It was heavenly having all of them in our home. There were several times throughout the night where I would look around at all of the kids there and get teary eyed. I was sitting on the floor with Jayne on my lap, Graham and Lincoln snuggled up next to me, three young women behind me, two young men on the floor next to me... and a room full of about a dozen more. I caught Jeremy's eyes across the room and mouthed, "I love this!" more than once. I think I had the most fun out of all of them. There is something about the youth of the church. I can't get enough.
We went to the sites to see the nativity display with some of our ward friends. I love that we live so close to Kirtland!
I decided very last minute to make a quilt for the people we bought our endo practice from. I used my 1930s prints. It turned out so adorable.
The boys got reacquainted with Graham's building blocks and built tons of towers and had fun knocking them over!
There has been a lot of fighting and talking back to parents lately... Santa sent the kids a letter and put them on probation. It must be that time of year. Luckily they turned it around and have been much better. I love Santa.
We got to baby-sit a darling little baby the other day. Peter loved her so much! He would go over and smile like this to her all morning long. Jayne is convinced that I have a baby girl in my tummy... no hint of a pregnancy... but she is sure of it. She told her friend Jill in carpool that we are going to have a baby girl named Lucy and call her Luc for short. I wonder how quickly that will get spread all over the ward!
I decided to take the simple route for teacher Christmas gifts this year. We got a few bags of clementine cuties, I sewed up some little pouches and we put three cuties in each pouch. Then we made a simple tag that read, "Merry Christmas! With love, the Wilde "Cuties". It was so easy we were able to make tons of them and gave them to all of the people at the school that have contact with our kids. I was amazed at how many thank you cards I got back in return. Even the gym teacher took a moment to say thank you. I was truly touched.
Peter has a serious obsession with buttons lately. Especially elevator buttons. I try to avoid them like the plague. We were at the sites in Kirtland and he literally spent a half an hour just playing with the elevator. We ended up leaving early because he would shriek like a banshee if we tried to take him away from the button. It was awesome.
Jayne is my little buddy in the afternoon. We have so much fun coloring and playing together. The other day she ran into the kitchen and said, "Mum-mum... I learned-ed a new twirl!" and made me come in and watch it. Then she did it again so I could take a picture. I am convinced she is the cutest little girl on the planet. (as are all of your little girls.... )
We are having a Christmas party with our two favorite families this weekend. I have had a lot of fun planning it. I hope it goes well! We made these little props for a photo booth. Can't wait to take some fun pictures!
Graham was diagnosed with ADHD a few months ago. He is on medication now that makes him focus a little bit better. He is doing amazing and we are so pleased. He is still the fun, carefree Graham. I was worried that the medicine would make him a zombie kid with no personality. He loves doing crafts even more than he used to before the medicine. I needed to make these gumdrop trees for our party. He wanted to help so I let him. The other kids came and helped too but they only lasted a little while and then they got bored and ran away. Graham sat and talked and chatted with me for about an hour while we finished all of them. It was so much fun to spend that time with him. I asked him to smile for the picture but he said that he wanted to remember how much fun he was having and to just take the picture of him having fun. I love him.
Widget found a sweet place to sleep the other night. Graham found her after looking really hard all morning. She looked so squishy and cozy in there!
1 comment:
What a great week! Your Kermit shirt is adorable! Widget's skirt and hiding places are so fun and I'll bet the kids love seeing what she's up to! I agree that there is something super special about the youth of the church. I served in young women's for 7 years and LOVED it! The fabrics you chose for the quilt are beautiful--you're so talented! I wish I had just a fraction of talent that you have! Santa's letter is a good idea. There has certainly been some fighting and talking back here too--maybe it's time for a letter from our House Fairy...
Have a marvelous Christmas with your Wilde Cuties! They're sure adorable and you and Jeremy are so blessed to have such amazing kids! I love reading about them and their adventures!
Post a Comment