Thursday, March 7, 2013

blue and gold.

Lincoln had his second Blue and Gold Banquet last month.  Each year they are supposed to make a cake with their dads.  Jeremy was working, so I helped a teensy bit.  Lincoln did about 80% of the work.  I baked the cakes while he was at school.  This years theme was Carnival.  Super fun.
He iced the cakes by himself.  I only helped smooth the frosting around the outside.
He designed the cake himself.  He wanted it to look like a 3D bucket of popcorn.  We used vanilla frosting and twizzlers.
We added real popcorn and a paper popcorn sign.  I think it came out great!  I was really easy and tasted delicious!
He added more popcorn when we got to the church.
Apparently lots of other people had our same idea... there were several popcorn cakes.  We liked this one alot.  They used caramel popcorn.
This was Lincoln's best friends cake.  They did an amazing job!
My personal favorite were his other best friends.  Little snow cone cupcakes and popcorn cups.
We liked the duck game cupcakes too.
They had carnival games including face painting!  The girls were completely covered in bling before we went home.
Lincoln and his friends each had a phrase put across their forehead, and some facial hair.  They are so funny.
Lincoln and Jeremy with the cake before we cut into it.
What a fun night!

No comments: