Monday, March 25, 2013

quilt.

My sister in law is having a baby girl in June.  I am so thrilled for her!  This is her second baby and her second little girl.  Those girls are going to have so much fun together!  I went to my favorite little quilting shop and picked out the most adorable fabric I could find and set to work on a quilt for her.  I love making quilts for my family!  It is like sharing a little piece of me with them.
I decided to be brave a try a new pattern where you put the quilt squares on top of the fabric and quilt on top of the squares.  It was pretty easy.  I cut out the squares on afternoon and sewed the quilt the next afternoon.  I learned that spray adhesive works really well to keep the squares on... you just have to take it a row or two at a time instead of putting half of them on at once.  
I loved how it turned out!  I wanted to keep it so bad... it is one of my favorite quilts I've ever made.
I am in love with the back fabric.  If my baby is a girl I am totally going back and making another quilt just like this with this fabric on the back.  I can't get enough of it.
My sister in law loved it... I can't want to see my new niece all bundled up in it!

1 comment:

MOMster said...

So stinkin' cute!!! I love all the fabrics you picked out. Perfect for a baby girl! You have an amazing talent (and lots of patience) to do so many quilts and sewing projects. So awesome!