Things have been pretty low key the past few weeks. We enjoyed our last few days of summer. The school called twice and postponed the first day due to construction. The first time the kids were mostly happy about it. The second time, not so much. They love school. Graham may have cried that second day. Looking back, I'm so glad I had that extra week with them. They are such good kids and I really enjoyed spending my summer with them. It was a crazy one... so glad we made it through it!
This has become one of my favorite sites to see out my kitchen window. The swingset is the favorite toy in the backyard. I love the double swing. It makes my heart happy to see two kids enjoying it together.
We got rid of the cable and have zero television programming in our home when we moved. The kids still have a huge supply of movies they can watch when they have down time. It's been so nice to be able to control what types of media enter our home. I haven't watching television in nearly a month. It's so weird. I even missed the bachelorette finale. That was a little rough... I just read the recap and found out who she picked. There have been a few times that I wished I could veg out in front of the tv... but for the most part I haven't missed it all. The kids have been champs about it as well. There are two shows that I simply can't live without, Parenthood and Downton. I will be watching those online when they start their new seasons.
Without the tv or internet we have had to get creative. The kids are playing more together, either outside or in their bedrooms. The fighting has gone down. It has been amazing. We spend more time together as a family and as a couple. We have made a few trips to the craft store to pick up things for the kids to do when they get bored. Gracie chose a beginner cross stitch and did an excellent job on it!
We have had friends over more than we have been able to in the past because we have more space. One day Graham and his buddy came down and said, "We built a temple!" Talk about a proud Mommy moment! Love these boys.
This is a typical after bathtime ritual. These three would lay like this forever if I let them. I adore it.
Jayne asked me to take a picture of her after she got dressed to send to her friend, Lincoln, in Utah. She misses him so much. She says she's still going to marry him someday unless he forgets all about her and then she will marry the new boy named Owen in our ward.
We miss these kids now that they are back in school! This was what was supposed to be our last lunch together. Glad we got a few more.
Peter has been fighting naptime lately. Well, I can't really blame him. Sometimes I am too tired to take him up to his bed so he gets lucky and doesn't have to take a nap. On those days we usually find him asleep somewhere random at around 4 or 5. This time the girls took a picture of him.
He was down in the basement watching a show and totally crashed.
2 comments:
I love reading your blog. All of your kids are so cute.
I love what Jayne said about marrying Lincoln or Owen. So cute!
More room is awesome and I'm glad you guys have a house that is accommodating in that regard! And a nice yard and swing set to boot! Score!!!
Can't wait until the arrival of your little babe! Counting down for you (since my due date is so stinkin' far away!!!)
Post a Comment