Wednesday, April 10, 2013

georgia 2013.

Grace has a cousin that is three days younger than her.  They were both turning 8 this year so we planned to have their baptisms close together so my mom and dad could fly out and come to both of them.  My dad flew into Cleveland and my mom flew into Georgia.  My dad helped me drive out with the kids for Maddie's baptism.  It was such a fun trip.  I made our traditional road trip snack containers for the kids.  (they are small fishing tackle boxes.  About the size of a pencil box.  The kids don't spill and I don't have to hear "I'm hungry" for 80% of the drive!)  
We left super early in the morning so we could get there in time for dinner.  It's about a 12 hour drive from our house.
My favorite bridge in Cincinnati.  It means we're about halfway there.
The kids love road trips because it means McDonalds.  A rare treat at our house.
Peter got a little stir crazy in the car.  For the most part he was super good the entire drive.
The kids were so excited to play with the new hamster when we got there.
I was super happy that they were able to play outside so much.  The weather was perfect except for the pollen.  That was kind of ridiculous.
Gramma set up a crafting station one afternoon.
It was fun to be there for Maddie's special day!
Can't tell these two are related at all... can you?
Jayne's rash changed from pink all over to pink snakes on her arms.  She was diagnosed with "slapcheek" or fifths disease before we left.  It looks terrible but it harmless.
More McDonalds!  Peter was so excited to play in the playplace.
The boys (and Maddie) built a house out of sticks with Uncle Kyle.
Lincoln's was quick to tell Graham, "Please don't break it."  He just pretended to break it for the picture.
This is how Peter felt about cousin Lizzie.  He wasn't very sure about her at all...
The drive home was as easy as the drive there.  I'm still not a fan of long roadtrips... but I'm grateful that we have family on this side of the continent that we can visit once a year.

No comments: