One of grammas friends has a really fun pool in her backyard. She was kind enough to let us come over and swim one hot afternoon. It was just what we needed! I have serious anxiety swimming with my children. I can't handle it. I'm always afraid they are going to drown. Luckily there were plenty of life jackets and floating devices to go around, and plenty of adults to keep an eye on the kids. Peter hated the life jacket... tolerated the water... and spent most of the afternoon on this cozy chair in the shade snacking and side swiggin.
Jayne and her best friend, Sophyia. They are just a few months apart and have the most fun together!Gracie was so happy that she could touch in a lot of the pool and quickly became a water girl. She loved lounging around like this...
Jayne kept to the really shallow end and had the best time splashing and giggling!
Lincoln was too cool for school and wouldn't look at the camera even once. He went down the slide once, but was too scared to try the diving board.
Graham was terrified of the water at first. He's had several near drowning experiences in water so I don't blame him.
Gramma and Aunt Missie worked with him and he went from saying, "I'm too scared! I'm too scared!" to "I'm so brave! I'm so brave!" He was always too afraid to go down the slide once he climbed up the steps... but he got brave enough to do the diving board!
There he goes! I love his face! So proud of my little guy.
We were able to go to our friends new house and have dinner with them one night. Peter took it upon himself to get some chocolate cake because I wouldn't share mine.
We invited several missionaries that had served in our ward in Cleveland for dinner. Sis. Bringhurst came and it was one of my favorite parts of the trip! She is one of my favorite people.
Gramma introduced Lincoln to the Big Mac. He had already eaten an entire Big Kids Happy Meals and was still hungry. He only ate one bite and he said, "I am full." Graham calls Big Macs, Mack Daddies. :)
We had fun at the play place one afternoon. I wish they had more of these in Cleveland.
I was able to braid hair for two of my siblings. Something I did growing up. It brought back tons of memories. Love these two so much.
We visited the Mt. Timpanogos temple and did a sealing session with my parents and some of my siblings. We reminisced at the spot Jeremy proposed... tender!
We are in love!
I love to see the temple! Those are not clouds... it is smoke from a wildfire in the nearby mountains. So sad!
After the sealing session we went to my favorite mexican restaurant, Los Hermanos. SO good.
I checked facebook one morning and found out that some of our best friends from dental school were in Provo the same time we were so we met up with them at the park one afternoon. The kids acted as though they hadn't been apart for three years.
Why do all of our friends have to move away.... :( It was so fun to see you guys!











No comments:
Post a Comment