Tuesday, August 7, 2012

craft bug.

I've caught the craft bug lately.  Having the kids home all day during the summer does this to me.  After spending all day with them I just want some me time at the end of the day.  I made them these new clipboards for their Sunday bags.  They each picked out the paper and the ribbons for theirs.  Super simple. You just get a cheap-o clipboard from the store.  Add some modge podge, glue the paper down, seal it with more modge podge, and tie ribbons to the clip.  
Graham's.  He wanted lots of friends.
Lincoln's.
Jayne's.
And Gracie's.  Her paper has a glossy finish.  I added a notebook and a fun pen and they were ready for church on Sunday.  I love that our church bags have simplified to a notebook, mini coloring book, book of mormon,  and crayons.  Makes my life so much easier.  Sometimes less really is more.
I took my 4th of July decorations down this week and realized that I didn't have a wreath for my door.  I had  a spare foam ring, some yarn, antique lace, buttons and a little bird.  My brain started working overtime and I came up with this little beauty...
I love it.  I'm all about antique-y stuff right now.  Can't wait to decorate a new home in the next year!

2 comments:

MOMster said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the wreath! It's so beautiful! I need something for my door as my 4th of July stuff is still up and around the house. I don't really have anything to put up until autumn so this is a great idea!

Your clipboards are so darling! I wish I had even a fraction of the creative juices you do!

Valerie Russell said...

Oh wow, cutest wreath! Nice work. I love that style too.