Wednesday, August 29, 2012

crafty.

Gracie has been asking me to make her a new outfit for awhile.  I let her dig through the scrap bin and she picked out a bunch of fabric and we came up with this beauty...
 I kind of made up the pattern as I went... there are a lot of things I would do differently if I were to do it over again... but for the most part, we are both very happy with how it turned out.
 We added flowers to a plain white t-shirt.  She can wear it with jeans, or one of her other skirts.  She wants me to put flowers on all of her shirts now!
 My favorite is the back... inspired by an adorable 4th of July dress on pinterest.
 It was a little shorter in the back so we added a little purple "peek-a-boo" as Gracie called it.  The ruffles are my favorite.
 We can't take pictures without this little mug taking over!  She is in the habit of dressing herself lately.  It usually involves a skirt.
 Who says stripes and plaids can't go together?
 I don't know what Jayne is going to do with herself when Gracie goes back to school in a few days...


No comments: