Thursday, May 30, 2013

baby update.

The reality that we have another little boy headed to our family has really sunk in and we are all getting so excited!  We have decided that his first name will be Henry (after lots of long talks with Daddy... we got him on board with our favorite name!)  We are still working on a middle name.  Henry will be named after one of our favorite General Authorities, Henry B. Eyring, as well as an ancestor on Jeremy's side of the family, Henry Brown Wilde.  I'm thinking his middle name needs to start with a B. :)

I needed to get out of the house one night.  Jeremy sent me on my way and said, "Go buy something fun!"  He expected me to get something fun for myself... but I found something even better.... tiny baby clothes!  This may be his coming home outfit.  I'm not sure yet.  
After a week of doing way too much... I started having some pretty mean contractions and lots of aches and pains.  I called the doctor and he said to "take it easy and do the bare minimum".  Then he laughed because he knows that I have five other children.  I tried my best and am feeling much better for the most part.  I still get very achy at night and I definitely know when I've done too much.  I'm trying to be good and take care of myself... I really am.
We had another ultrasound to make sure his little heart was healthy.  At the last one he was way too comfortable using the placenta for a pillow and they couldn't get a good shot.  I am so happy with these pictures!  He's going to be such a handsome little guy!
I went to the thrift store without kids one night and was able to find several fun tiny outfits.  Baby boy clothes are like little man clothes.  I love them.
I had another appointment and was told that I need to take my glucose test early because of the size of Peter and the fact that I have been borderline diabetic with every other pregnancy.  I go next week.  Bleh.  I also had horrible blood test results and was warned that if I didn't start taking iron... I would be in serious trouble.  So... I now have my very own "old person" medicine containers.  You know... the one with the little slots for each day.  I have been very diligent with taking all of my vitamins each day.  I can already tell a huge difference.
Gracie needed some one on one attention so we went shopping one night.  We ended up in the little person section and she helped me pick some more clothes for Henry.  We had way too much fun.  I am obsessed and have cut myself off from buying anymore clothing 0-9 months.  This kid has enough!
My sister-in-law had her tiny girl this week!  It made me even more excited for September!


No comments: