After the Father and Sons campout we convinced the boys to go to the zoo with us. They were troopers because they were so tired from staying up partying so late. We even got Daddy to come with us which is a rare treat. He hates the zoo... and crowds. We packed a delicious lunch and were on our way!
We decided to eat lunch before heading in so we would all have full bellies and would be in better spirits. We found the perfect little secluded spot. Graham was so sweet and gave Jayne a flower for her hair...The dinosaurs were back and so there were little dinosaur sculptures all over the place. The girls were thrilled when they spotted one painted like our favorite ice cream shop, Menchies. They insisted on taking a picture with that one.
We brought the stroller for Peter... he wasn't too fond of it and only lasted a little while.
I always think of Valerie whenever I see flamingos.... not sure why.
It was so so nice to have Daddy with us. We just pretended like we were the only people there. It was so nice to have the place all to ourselves. :)
I was so excited to show Peter the dinosaurs!
He was okay at first....
And then he got a little unsure about the whole experience. He started to get really scared and held on so tight to Jeremy.
Graham loves Triceratops. He insisted on this picture. I'm so glad he's all better.
They liked the sand table more than the dinosaurs...
Their favorite was the one that squirted water. It was so fun to watch them get all wet!
Sometimes I can't believe they are all mine...
Everyone was so hot and tired that we only made it to see the elephants and the dinosaurs.... they all took turns in the stroller. Even the biggest kid...
It was so nice to have some much needed time with just our little family. I can't wait to do it again sometime soon!
1 comment:
...and I'll bet they crashed at the end of the day, if they waited that long. ;)
Fun day! You are an amazing mama and your kiddos sure are lucky to have you and Jeremy for parents!
Post a Comment