Sunday, August 19, 2012

zoo!

After the aquarium we decided to drive five minutes over to the zoo.  The older kids were less than thrilled, but the younger three were so happy to be outside!  
We rode the tram up to an area we don't ever see because our zoo is so big.
"Ridin on my horsie... going to the store!"
They were very into posing on the animals this time.
"Mommy, take a picture with me!"  She loves the camera lately.
One tired girl...
Two matching girls...
Feeling the sea lions skin.
Look at that seal trying to get inside!  We wanted to jump in the water with them, it was so hot!
Cotton candy!
Four tired kids... laying on the benches.
One awesome buddy.  He wasn't feeling the best that day, but he was a trooper.
Ice cream!  I was kind of a pushover that day....
And an empty ice cream cone for petey boo.
It was really hot...
Somebody got hurt in the butterfly house....
He touched the cactus.  Oops!
Yoga on the tortoise.
Puh-lease.  Can we get out of here!
Look at my new bed!
Trying it out....
And she cheered right up!
My own little monkeys...
Say cheese!
Jayne insisted on posing with all of these little elephant statues on the way out.  It was hilarious.  There was a group of teenagers that followed us and took pictures of her they thought she was so adorable.  She did this little swagger when she walked to each one of them.  It was hilarious!
I am so lucky...
We ended our busy day with a trip to Sweetie's candy shop.  They sell so much candy.  I let the kids each pick out one kind that they liked.  While there I had the following conversation with the nicest lady...

stranger: "These can't possibly be ALL yours!?!"
me: "Yep, they sure are!"
stranger: "One... two... three... four... FIVE! You look like a teenager! Kids, do you know how beautiful your mother is? Bless you for raising so many children. They are so lucky."

Love her. Whoever she is.

1 comment:

MOMster said...

That looks like it was a really fun family activity, despite the heat. Your kids are funny when they do all that posing. :) And I love compliments like the one that woman gave you! I get that now and again too. No one can believe I'm in my 30s.